Here are some tips to help you prepare for a massage.
* Lock the door and unplug the phone.
* Be sure you have the time to spend with your partner. A massage is not the type of experience you want to rush.
* Turn down the light. The lighting should be soft and indirect. Candlelight is perfect. Even natural sunlight shining through a window in the afternoon is terrific.
* You might want it quiet. Although I think we all like Barry White and other soft sensual music, you might prefer a quiet room. This will help you feel and hear what your partner enjoys.
* You will want the room to be warm. Almost 80 degrees will allow a naked partner to be comfortable.
* Make sure your hands are warm. You can accomplish this by rubbing them together thoroughly or by taking a bath together.
* Cleanliness. Although it isn't essential to be clean before a massage, your partner will certainly be more relaxed if they are clean. This massage will involve every area of the body including such places as behind the ears and between the toes. Be sure your partner will be comfortable by taking a bath. You might also make sure that your fingernails are clean and trimmed neatly (not necessarily short, just neat).
* Aroma. A nice scented candle will provide the warmth, light, and scent that will set the mood. Women might prefer a lighter, more floral scent (rose or jasmine might be appropriate). Men might prefer a more rugged, woodsy scent like cedar or sandalwood.
* You will want to give a massage on a flat, firm surface. A firm mattress is acceptable, using pillows on the floor is good too. A massage table is best, but not everyone has one of these.
* The massage receiver should prepare like they are preparing for bed. They might want to remove their contacts, their makeup, and have their teeth brushed. They are about to experience something special and might want to sleep or make love (or both) afterward.
* You might consider this assortment of bath products, candles, and massage oil
. It is a nice gift set that will perfectly compliment your newfound massage skills.